Why should Christians vote? Here's a few good reasons.
1. Voting publicly recognizes that we submit to the authority of the political system in our nation as established by God. (Romans 13:1-7)
2. Voting recognizes the rights of American citizens to speak and be heard. (Deuteronomy 10:17-19)
3. It is one way that we can obey God's command to seek the good of those around us and our nation as a whole. (Jeremiah 29:5-6)
4. It shows that we care about who our leaders are as we are urged to offer prayer and intercession on their behalf. (1 Timothy 2:1,2)
5. It is a significant way we can do something about politics in our nation. 'All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing', Edmund Burke. (Psalms 34:14)
6. Because we are the salt of the earth, and that is how we are to influence our society for good. (Matthew 5:13)
7. It is a privilege and responsibility not to be taken for granted. Those of us who reap the benefits of living in a Constitutional Republic should play a part in upholding this democratic procedure.
8. Not voting is a form of voting, as it will influence the outcome. We need to take responsibility for our actions, as well as our lack of actions. (Luke 10:25-37)
9. Voting has biblical precedence. Acts 14:23 describes that the early Christians elected elders by voting.
10. Voting is part of our stewardship to use all the resources we have been given in ways that honor God; to waste a vote is to waste a gift which is irresponsible.
God is expecting us to make a difference in this next election like all of the elections before this one. He needs us to vote so that evil can be held back and we can freely preach the Gospel and reap the harvest.
If you have not registered to vote yet or you have moved since the last time that you voted, please register today.
Begin to research the candidates that are running in your area, state and even on the national level. Become familiar with where they stand on the issues of the day and what platform that they are supporting. Look at the platforms and not personalities.
Pray for all Christians to stand up, register to vote, educate themselves about the election and then show up to vote!
Encourage those that you know to register, educate, pray and vote. We can make the difference!
"Father, I do humble myself and seek Your face. I do turn from sin and repent. I pray that the effort of the body of Christ in this country to honor You and worship You tomorrow would be heard around the world. I join with the rest of the body of Christ and declare that Your will in heaven be done on earth here in the USA. Let Your glory rise on the church and the great harvest of people come to know Jesus as Lord. In Jesus Name!"
Thank you Pastor Bruce for that message, because many Christians believe that politics have no place in the church. I’m also glad that you back up your message with Scriptures. May God continue to give you the boldness/courage and confidence to speak out on what is right based on the Word of God. I stand with you! 👏